Introducing the all new and Improved X-Treme Summit Elite 48 Volt Mid Motor Electric Mountain Bicycle with Extra Large 10.4 AH 48 Volt LiPo4 Samsung lightweight battery pack and ultra torque motor.
While most all other electric bicycles have the motor in the rear wheel/hub, the Summit Elite is one of the first to introduce the motor in the center of the lower frame and as a combined part of the crank system Hence: (Mid Motor). This is the ULTIMATE E-BIKE EXPERIENCE, it’s smooth, quiet, powerful, fast & attractive.
The benefits of a Mid Motor system include but are not limited to Zero Resistance when pedaling with the power off, low center of gravity for better handling, greater performance & lighter weight.
Most of all, when the power is off and you are powering the bike by pedaling, because there is zero resistance and no heavy rear hub motor to pedal against, your overall riding experience will be very similar if not nearly identical to that of a non-electric powered bicycle (when the power is turned off).
Smart Power Assist System (SPAS): The electronics of this X-Treme Electric Bicycle are controlled via rider input on the Kingmeter LCD screen attached to the handlebars.
Smart PAS with 5 speeds will enable the bike to operate nearly twice as efficient as a non-smart assist e-bike because you select the power consumption (speed control 1-5 setting) on the LCD during your ride. This feature can allow your Summit Elite to possibly reach or exceed 40+ miles per charge (during optimal terrain conditions) LCD also indicates Speed, Distance & Battery Life.
The upgraded SPAS also contains a torque sensor that no other X-Treme Bicycle features which will sense the torque needed to climb a hill. When climbing, the Summit Elite will increase torque output which will result in a pleasant hill climbing experience, even if the hill is steep. The upgraded controller also has a built-in torque sensor.
The SA Suntour® XCT Hydraulic Front Forks allow for a smooth ride. The left side of the fork has a coil spring with a pre-load adjuster. The right side has a hydraulic lock-out cartridge.
The Summit Elite also has black Bar ends. For those who are not familiar with this option, these are added because when riding with a straight handlebar you only have one position for placing your hands while riding. After riding for only a short time you may experience hand numbness, soreness, and discomfort.
The Bar Ends offer relief as they offer you an additional hand position to relieve the pressure on your hands. They also allow you to get off the saddle and position yourself over the handlebars and stand up while climbing hills or if you would just like to stand in general while riding.
The front & rear wheels have a quick release hub to allow for easy removal. Top speed for this bike is up to 25 MPH “on throttle only” (45+ MPH if you pedal assist on LCD level 5 with the 27 speed system), faster than any model we sell, and will go the distance of up to 32 miles using power only or up to 40+ miles per charge using the SPAS on low.
Another new feature is the Shimano Altus 27 Speed Derailleur and Shifter system (3 Speed Shimano derailleur on the front wheel and 9 Speed Shimano derailleur on the rear wheel).
The Summit Elite has an all-new high-efficiency Tetko Front & Rear Disk braking systems with 160mm vented brake rotors.
Another new feature is the convenient USB port located on your battery pack to allow you to charge your cell phone, iPod or any other smart gadgets while riding your Summit Elite.
- Power Electric
- Watts 350 Watt
- Amps 10 Amp Circuit
- Volts 48 Volts
- Battery Samsung 48 Volt LiPo4 Lithium (lightweight)
- USB Port USB Port On LCD For Mobile Phone / Device Charging
- Distance Up to 60 miles per charge* on low SPAS (depending on road condition and
- frequency of brake use) – can still pedal if charge is lost
- Speed 23 MPH* On Throttle Only (Much Faster If You Pedal Assist 28+ MPH)
- Charger 48 Volt 2AH Output UL Certified Charger (Charging Time +/- 3 Hours)
- Tire Size Kenda Mountain Tire & Tube – 26 x 2.10 Inch on Aluminum Wheels
- Motor Center Frame Mounted – Zero Resistance True Mid Motor
- Controller 48 Volt 15 Amp Sealed Smart Controller
- Rear Derailleur 9 Speed Shimano® Altus Mega Drive Train Gears & Shifter
- Front Derailleur 3 Speed Shimano® Altus Mega Drive Train Gears & Shifter
- Total Gears 27 Speeds Combined
- Throttle Type Variable Speed Thumb Throttle – SPAS Power Assisted – Pedal Power
- LCD Display Smart Power Assisted System (SPAS) User Controlled Buttons
- Cargo Rack Aluminum Rear Carry Rack
- Frame Type/Size 6061-T6 Temper Aluminum Alloy – Very Lightweight
- Forks SA Suntour® XCT Hydraulic Front Forks
- Suspension Front Suspension Included
- Braking System High Endurance Tektro Front & Rear Disk Brakes
- Drive System Chain Driven by Mid Motor or Pedal Power
- Seat & Post Aluminum Alloy Adjustable Seat Post & Velo Mountain Bike Seat
- Quick Release Front & Rear Wheels Have Quick Release Axles – Flip Lever
- Gooseneck Aluminum VP
- Handle Bars Aluminum Alloy Mountain Bike Handle Bars
- Head Light Yes, included as free accessory add on – Battery Operated Snap-On LED (Not covered under warranty)
- Front Sprocket 3 Speed Aluminum Alloy Sprocket
- Bicycle In Box Weight 67 lbs
- Bicycle Weight 59 lbs
- Suggested Max Weight 350 lbs.
- Warranty 1 Year Warranty & 1 Year Battery Warranty