By Purely Elizabeth
Wellness leaders like Caley Alyssa, Shauna Harrison, and Shaman Durek joined actors Nikki Reed, Ian Somerhalder, and Bonnie Wright to listen to Purely Elizabeth founder Elizabeth Stein speak with Thrive Market’s founder Gunnar Lovelace about the founding of their brands.
“There’s been a huge push to bring wellness to the masses,” said Stein. “Eight years ago when we started [Purely Elizabeth], I thought we’d be this obscure product in the back of Erewhon.
Now to be accepted by such mainstream retailers says so much about where consumers are today.
Originally we were focused on Whole Foods and Thrive and now to be going out to places like Target and Walmart is incredible.”
Worried about finances & your health? No problem Nutritional Institute has you covered with their every day low price vitamins and herbs options! > Shop Our Nutritional Institute Web Site OR > Our eBay Store
What was on the menu for an evening all about nutritious food? A meal of Avocado Vichyssoise and vegan Carrot Osso Buco, all made from ingredients sourced within 100 miles of Los Angeles.
But the highlight of the meal was dessert, two decadent but healthy treats made from Purely Elizabeth: Blackberry Cashew Cheesecake Bars and Blueberry Granola Crisp.
Now you can have a taste of mbg’s supper series at your next supper!
Manuka Health Honey From New Zealand Beauty Inside & Out!
Learn The Many Benefits of Manuka Health Honey, Read More
Blackberry Cashew Cheesecake Bars
Makes 1 8×8 pan
Recipe from Dani Nemeh
- 1 bag of Purely Elizabeth Original Ancient Grain Granola
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
Vegan Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 ½ cup soaked raw cashews (3 hrs)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Juice from one lemon
- Soak cashews for 3 hours
- Make crust: Give it a whirl in your blender. spread and press firmly down in an 8X8 pan covered in parchment paper.
- Make filling: Blend it all up until smooth. pour cheesecake mix over crust place in the freezer.
Protect Your Skin From The Sun’s Rays Without Worry Of Harmful Chemicals!
Nutritional Institute Sunscreen Protect Your Skin!
Learn The Many Benefits of Nutritional Institute Sunscreen, Read More
Blueberry Granola Crisp
Makes 1 baking dish
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cups Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Coconut Cashew granola
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegan butter
- Non-dairy ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make filing: In a large bowl, toss blueberries with the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and arrowroot, then spread in a baking dish.
- Make topping: In a small bowl, combine granola with the coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Sprinkle topping onto the filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until topping is golden and filling is bubbling.
- Serve with non-dairy ice cream.