This summer has been a delicate blend of heat wave and monsoon. I’ve had to come up with some creative family activities to keep the children (and us grownups!) from going stir crazy.
Thankfully, while the summer heat and humidity has not been good for my desire to leave the comfort of air conditioning, it has been great for our cucumber harvest.
I’ve been working on figuring out new ways to use our abundance of cucumbers. This peach cucumber salad is a result of that project.
Peach Cucumber Salad With Basil Vinaigrette
This recipe is a perfect mixture of textures and flavors. With soft and sweet peaches, crisp and cool cucumbers, and a sweet and tangy vinaigrette this is a perfect summer salad.
We also have a lot of mint growing in our garden, so sometimes I swap in mint for the basil.
Sometimes I like to add toasted pecans and/or crumbled goat cheese to the top for added crunch or creaminess. Make sure you wait until serving to add them though. They get too soft if they’re left on top of the salad for too long.
This peach cucumber salad is delicious as soon as you make it, but I’ve found that letting it marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours intensifies the flavors and makes it even better!
If you have a cucumber abundance like we do (or can pick some up at a great price while they are in season), give this recipe a try!
More Ways to Use Cucumbers
My super-simple cucumber onion salad is my go-to cucumber recipe, but after having that several times in a week, I wanted to find some new options. Here are some others we tried:
- Cucumber Melon Mint Smoothie – cool, hydrating, and healthy
- Cucumber Lime Veggie Smoothie – so much green power in this delicious smoothie!
- Infused Water with Cucumber
- Cucumber spiral noodles with strawberries and feta
- Lots of delicious Tzatziki Sauce with Greek meatballs
- Dipped into Smoked Salmon Dip and Radish Cream Cheese Dip
Peach Cucumber Salad with Basil Vinaigrette Recipe
A simple and refreshing peach cucumber salad with basil vinaigrette is a wonderful mixture of flavors, textures, and colors.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Chilling Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Servings 10 people
Author Katie Wells
Our Most Popular Items
RX For Pets, Manuka Honey, Little Davinci For Kids, Pure Encapsulation, Omega Organic Coconut Oil & More!!
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves (or 10 mint leaves)
For the Salad
- 3 peaches
- 2 cucumbers
- ¼ cup toasted pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup goat cheese (crumbled, optional)
Our Top Health Recommendation is Clean Water!!!
Call Our Experts Today to Find Out The Best Water System
For Your Home & Area. 866-556-9457.
- Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette except the basil or mint and whisk to combine.\
- Finely chop the fresh basil or mint and mix into the vinaigrette.
- Cut the peaches into bite-size chunks, discarding the pits.
- Cut the cucumbers in half and slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Place the peaches and cucumbers in a medium sized glass bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the cut peaches and cucumbers and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Garnish with pecans and goat cheese before serving if desired.
Notes: Refrigerating the salad for a few hours before serving is optional, but it does help intensify and marry the flavors.
Nutrition: Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5.2% | Vitamin C: 12.9% | Calcium: 2.4% | Iron: 2.7%
Co-editor and Creator: Akanksha S.