Salmon filets (allow 6 ounces per person)
1 carrot, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
2 slices lemon
Several sprigs of parsley
6 bay leaves (Turkish, or 1/2 of a California bay leaf)
Salt to taste
1 cup dry white wine
Juice of half a lemon
1. Cut the salmon filets into individual portions if necessary.
2. Place in a large skillet the carrot, onion, sliced celery, lemon, parsley and bay leaves.
3. Add the fish, cold water to cover, salt to taste, the wine and the lemon juice. Bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
4. Adjust heat to simmer and let fish cook for 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and leave fish undisturbed for 10 minutes. Then remove it carefully to a serving platter; the salmon will be perfectly done. It is delicious served either hot or cold.